- Automation/Project Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems. He/she will also be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance. The candidate must possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant manner.
- The candidate must have experience with one or more of the following technologies: Allen Bradley (Logix 5000), Siemens (Step7), MES
- Proven knowledge and experience with one or more of the following will be an advantage: SCADA, Control Systems, Vision Systems
- Knowledge in PLC and HMI programming of Allen Bradley control systems
- Proficiency in the development of Cognex vision tools and inspection systems
- Experience in the validation of automated processes for medical devices or pharmaceuticals
- Expertise in the development, improvement, and implementation of assembly automation solutions, robotics, and complex machine controls
- In depth knowledge and understanding of multiple products or discipline
- Experience in implementation and troubleshooting of SQL database systems for real time process data collection
Candidates must have a B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with emphasis in software development, electrical, electronic or automation discipline, with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and strong problem skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation and benefits package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 19 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now