Senior Control Systems Engineer
As a Control Systems Engineer, your role will be the development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems.
You will be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance.
An ambitious Intermediate level Control Systems Engineer will also be considered for this role
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all of the different automation systems (distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, SCADA systems).
- Ability to interact with the customers on technical requirements.
- Ability to deliver technical solutions.
- Ability to assess existing technologies and process.
- Ability to design robust solutions.
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues.
- Operate according to SOP’s developed for site engineering and maintenance.
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Generate documentation and SOP’s associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
- Implementation of code changes under change control.
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation projects within budget and corporate guidelines.
- Support operations with technical queries.
- Experienced with Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Vision Systems in the manufacturing environment.
Requirements & Competencies
You should possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant manner.
Proven experience in PLC logic and programming with one or more of the following PLC’s is required:
- Allen Bradley (Logix 5000)
- Siemens (Step7)
- GE Fanuc
HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of the following software packages:
- Wonderware InTouch
- RS View
- GE Cimplicity
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Some knowledge of C/C++/C#, VB, SQL, Java.
- Knowledge of network services that include LAN, WAN, WLAN, MPLS, SSL, VPN, remote access services and network monitoring services.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of projects.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
Why Choose This Role & SL Controls
- An excellent salary and benefits package including pension and health cover and other benefits such as:
- Educational assistance
- Income protection scheme
- Wellness and health initiatives
- The opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field
- A supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness
- The opportunity to work with and help develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions
- A collaborative and open culture where you are valued and have the opportunity to contribute to company initiatives and growth
About SL Controls
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets. Over the past 16 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Dublin and Florida. We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.