Systems Engineer (Project Support) – Remote
- Systems Engineer (Project Support)
- Ireland (SL Controls Office locations/ Remote)
- Remote with occasional travel
- Permanent or Contractor Options
The successful candidate will work with SL Controls, a leading systems integrator of manufacturing solutions into the Pharma, Med Device, Biotech and Life Sciences industries.
You will be responsible for the development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems. He/she will also be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance. The candidate must possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot, and validate these systems in a compliant manner.
The successful candidate will manage the support desk for a variety of client solutions and in parallel contribute to key project development and implementation.
- Candidates with higher level coding and development skills in the likes of C#, Python, VB, .Net, SQL Server, and others would be advantageous
- The candidate must have experience with either Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC Systems
- Proven knowledge and experience with one or more of the following will be an advantage: SCADA (e.g. Ignition), Control Systems, Vision Systems
- Experience of industrial protocols for systems integration is required.
- Experience in the validation of automated processes for pharmaceuticals
- Experience in implementation and troubleshooting of SQL/ Oracle database systems for real time process data collection is an advantage.
- Client facing experience would be strongly desired.
Candidates must have a B.Sc. degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent, with relevant expertise in software development or automation disciplines. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented with a strong focus on Quality, have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
You must be living in Ireland and available to be onsite in key phases of projects as required.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions.
You will work in a stable industry with real long term development and advancement prospects and you will have the opportunity to build tailored software solutions for some of the biggest organisations in the world.
SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 20 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now