Software Quality Engineer – Galway
- Software Quality Engineer
- Onsite role. Some remote working possible but role is designated as onsite at least 3 days per week
- Permanent or Contract
The main focus of this role is to ensure that software validation is carried out in compliance with site/global policies and SOPs. You will work with technologies such as C#, Microsoft 365 and SQL amongst others. Quality experience is required in some of these areas or related software technologies. Coding experience in these areas is not an essential requirement but software quality experience is essential.
You will also ensure that best software validation practices are followed providing assurance that the system conforms to both GMP and technical requirements. Other areas of responsibility include providing software quality leadership to IS project teams with existing Project Managers, CSV and technical team members and providing quality engineering support to a wide portfolio of sitewide IS projects.
- Strong Quality focus to ensure patient safety and product quality.
- Software quality experience with technologies such as C#, Microsoft 365 and SQL are ideal – coding experience is not a necessary requirement but is advantageous
- Experience in a Medical Devices or related environment is essential. Only candidates with experience in Medical Devices, Pharma or Life Sciences will be considered at this time
- Strong focus on continuous improvement using sound, systematic problem solving techniques.
- Strong collaboration and team working ethic.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in a similar Software Quality, Validation or other related role in Medical Devices, Pharma or Life Sciences and have a proven track record in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) environments.
The chosen individual must have:
- An IT background with experience in software quality and validation
- Strong general software capabilities
- Strong information and operational technology knowledge
- Process/Software validation experience
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- First class communication and relationship building skills
The role is based in Galway and is designated onsite and the chosen candidate will work a minimum of 3 days per week onsite. Therefore you must be currently living in the local area or be willing and able to relocate to the area in a reasonable time frame.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 20 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now