Software Commissioning Engineer Galway
- Software Commissioning Engineer
- Onsite / Remote Hybrid
- Permanent or Contractor opportunity
The successful candidate will be responsible for assist R&D and Operations on New Product Development Programs and Sustaining Programs by participating on the Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Equipment as well as Equipment Upgrades.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Ensures Equipment requests are processed in a timely and effective fashion and manage execution of results.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Manages projects and/or portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Drafts and Review Design and Compliance Quality system documentation.
- Develops robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
- Database design, development, monitoring and script authoring.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release and validation support.
- Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
- Level 8 Degree essential
- PC build and troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding of machine I/O
- Strong VB .NET, C# (at least 1 of these)
- SQL Server script authoring using TSQL programming/Database Design
- Vision Development or experience advantage
- Motion Control advantage
- Web application development
- Software change management
Candidates must have a relevant science or engineering tertiary qualification with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in medical devices or a similar GMP regulated environment is preferred but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have excellent collaboration and communication skills, with a demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes and related process equipment. In addition to this, strong attention to detail and an excellent understanding of validation concepts and documentation is required. Ability to travel if needed is required.
The candidate should be based within a reasonable commute of the site location as the role will be mostly onsite with limited remote working if appropriate and in line with project requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation and benefits package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 19 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now