Senior Systems Engineer – Kilkenny
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Permanent or Contract Opportunity
- Onsite/ Hybrid
The successful candidate will have the responsibility for overseeing the successful delivery of Equipment Integration projects as part of the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) implementation.
The successful candidate will have the role as Equipment Integration Engineer and will lead and execute integration efforts, collaborating closely with equipment vendors, overseeing integration files (XML), managing Kepware integration, and ensuring the smooth operation of our manufacturing systems. This candidate must be based in Ireland, ideally around the Kilkenny area, and will require occasional onsite presence as well as travel to vendor sites for key meetings.
- Strong Customer Facing skills required for this Lead Role in MES Integration Project
- 5+ Years PLC/ SCADA/ Controls experience required.
- System Architecture/ Design implementations within a Life Science Environment.
- Ability to gather requirements from multiple OEM’s & internal stakeholders.
- Confidently presents best practice solutions for the asset integrations required.
- Has delivered Equipment Integration projects using a variety of industrial interfaces & tools (e.g. OPC, MQTT, Kepware)
- C#, Oracle OMD Database experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in development of Change Control/ Test Protocols.
- Support Commissioning, Qualification and Validation phases.
- Keeps the project stakeholders informed via Plans, progress updates, and risk management whilst maintaining quality standards.
- Proven ability to onboard/ mentor project resources for team benefit
Candidates must have a B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with emphasis in software development, electrical, electronic or automation discipline, with a minimum of 5 years’ automation industry experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and strong problem skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 20 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now