Senior Automation Engineer – Westport
- Senior Automation Engineer
- Hybrid role
- Permanent or Contract Opportunity
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems. He/she will be part of an automation team responsible for day-to-day support of a wide variety of systems. They will also be responsible for identification, resolution, design, specification and programming of system improvements & Fixes within a validated environment. He/she will be required to work closely with Vendors and cross functional teams to deliver the optimum solution for the client in a vendor package capacity for existing and new equipment. The candidate must possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant manner. Candidate must have experience with Cleanroom equipment, preferable Parts Washer, and Autoclave.
- Extensive knowledge of PLC systems, specifically Siemens TIA / S7 / Allen Bradley
- Extensive knowledge of SCADA systems (Simatic Win CC / Rockwell Factorytalk / Wonderware, IFix)
- Good understanding of system engineering disciplines (Microsoft SQL, Server based platforms)
- Experience in the validation of automated processes for medical devices or pharmaceuticals
- Expertise in the development, improvement, and implementation of assembly automation solutions, robotics, and complex machine controls
- In depth knowledge and understanding of multiple products or discipline
- SME for Parts Washer and Autoclave Equipment
- Support generation and finalization of IQ/OQ/PQ protocols
- Prepare schedule of Qualification activities
- Coordinate Vendors for Commissioning and Qualification activities
- Manage system handovers to Site Services
- Hands on expertise required in one or more of the following areas: Process Manufacturing Equipment, Clean/Black Utilities or HVAC
- Knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the Healthcare industry is required
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements.
Candidates must have a B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with emphasis in software development, electrical, electronic or automation discipline, with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and strong problem skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 20 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now