Senior Automation Engineer – Limerick
- Senior Automation Engineer
- Onsite role
- Permanent or Contractor Opportunity
The successful candidate will be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance and will oversee a number of existing engineering resources to ensure the above activities are completed to the highest standards.
He/she will act as an onsite engineering lead and subject matter expert and be responsible for the effective delivery of a range of projects and the management and maintenance of a number of lines. You will be required to work closely with internal stakeholders, vendors and OEM’s to deliver the optimum solution for the client in a vendor package capacity.
The candidate must possess and combination of strong project management skills, leadership skills and the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate a range of automation systems in a compliant manner.
- The candidate must have experience with Allen Bradley (Logix 5000) systems
- Proven knowledge and experience with one or more of the following will be an advantage: SCADA, Control Systems, Vision Systems
- Knowledge in PLC and HMI programming of Allen Bradley control systems
- Experience in the validation of automated processes for medical devices or pharmaceuticals
- Expertise in the development, improvement, and implementation of assembly automation solutions, robotics, and complex machine controls
- Strong high volume manufacturing industry experience
- You must GMP environment experience in Pharma, Biotech or Medical Devices
- Lead or senior engineer experience with exposure to designing complex automation solutions, managing internal and external stakeholders, delivering projects and solutions on time and on budget, and driving team performance and allocating engineering resources to meet client requirements
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics/Automation/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or a related technical discipline with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and teamwork skills that inspire others and have experience in leading cross-functional teams on complex technical challenges.
- Strong automation solution design experience in a GMP environment is essential.
- The ideal candidate should also have an agile mindset and the ability to adapt to and manage change.
- Vendor and internal stakeholder management experience is essential for the role.
- A PMP / Prince / PgmP Certification is advantageous for the role.
- Knowledge of Agile Frameworks is preferred but not essential if strong experience is evident.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 20 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now