Project Lead – Limerick
- Project Lead
- Permanent or Contractor Opportunity
The successful candidate will manage a specific portion of a complex medical device assembly and packaging related project for a major SL Controls client.
You will have responsibility for delivering against the overall project plan and you will work closely with the project manager and report to both the PM and site leadership.
The successful candidate will be charged with partnering with our client in relation to a critical project including areas such as the acquisition, deployment, and commissioning of bespoke high-volume automation solutions. You may also contribute to areas such as solution design, resource management, validation and maintenance activities.
The role would suit a senior engineer looking for a project focused role or a project manager possibly looking for a more focused and hands on role. An engineer currently operating as a project engineer in a relevant environment will certainly be considered.
- Strong experience in an automation engineering role within the Medical Device, Pharma, Biotech, Life Sciences environments
- Experience taking ownership for key tasks and ideally you will have some projects focused experience
- Automation solution design experience with strong experience of automation systems integration in a GMP environment (ideally medical devices but pharma, biotech and life sciences are suitable also)
- Working with multiple vendors to complete FAT/SAT/Installation & Commissioning/Validation
- Ability to guide and direct engineering resources to meet production quality & quantity metrics as required by the project plan
- Provide technical advice to site client engineering groups and customers to facilitate planning, determine technical direction or solve technical problems
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics/Automation/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or a related technical discipline with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Senior engineer experience with exposure to working closely with senior client technical and business stakeholders to design and develop automation systems solutions is essential.
- A strong hands on technical skill set with Allen Bradley systems allied to project or team lead experience and skills would be a strong combination in this role.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- The ideal candidate should also have an agile mindset and the ability to adapt to and manage change.
- Vendor Management experience is advantageous for the role.
- A PMP / Prince / PgmP Certification is advantageous but not essential for the role.
- This Limerick based role will be predominantly onsite (some remote working possible as appropriate) and therefore the candidate should be able and willing to commute onsite daily.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 20 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now