Project Engineer – Validation – Longford
- Project Engineer
- Onsite Role
- Permanent or Contract
The successful candidate will be responsible for a mix of project engineering and validation tasks. He/she will also be responsible for a range of automation projects including project delivery, commissioning and validation. The candidate must possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate automation systems in a compliant manner. The role requires a candidate with a background in automation engineering, proven project ownership and delivery skills and strong knowledge of validation of a range of systems and equipment in a pharma manufacturing environment.
- The candidate must have experience in a project based role in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environment, ideally med devices
- Exposure to automated systems integration and knowledge of a range of systems and technologies such as Siemens, Allen Bradley, HMI and Vision Systems would be essential
- Experience of install, commissioning and validation of new equipment is required
- Experience in the validation of automated processes for med devices is essential
- The ability to Manage & coordinate the review & approval of specifications associated with new equipment installation and commissioning
- The ability to provide technical direction & hands-on assistance for testing projects
- Experience with managing projects including stakeholder, vendor and resource management as well as managing timelines, deliverables and budgets as required
- Generate, execute and review validation protocols and associated reports for related equipment and processes as required
- Managing & coordinating the preparation, review & issuing of validation protocols & reports
- Provide technical direction & hands-on assistance for testing projects
Candidates must have a B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with emphasis in areas such a pharmaceutical or biotech technology, electrical, electronic or automation disciplines. A relevant academic background to Bachelors Degree Level 8 is essential.
You should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or other relevant GMP manufacturing environment. This experience should encompass both automation and validation experience and exposure to working within a project focused role.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and strong problem skills.
The role is based in Longford and will be an onsite designated role, so you should be living in the Longford area or within a reasonable commute or willing and able to relocate within 1 to 2 months maximum.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation and benefits package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 20 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now