MES Engineer – Oxfordshire, UK
- MES Engineer
- Witney, Oxfordshire, UK
- Onsite role
- Permanent or Contractor Opportunity
The primary focus of the role role will focus in developing, maintaining and improving the various MES recipes used in the high-volume manufacture of medical devices, ensuring the site delivers safe and effective products using the MES System (POMSnet) to meet customer needs whilst maintaining compliance. The successful candidate will manage the introduction of the new version of POMS (Aquila) for the MES team including recipe testing, validation paperwork, updating recipes if required and roll out plans.
- Design, author and test MES recipes, considering integration to ERP systems, Databases and PLC where applicable.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure full alignment with process flow and recipe requirements.
- Manage Change Controls, Protocols and Change Packages to test and implement recipes to be used in production.
- Onsite support of MES to assist a variety of internal teams.
- IT and MES upgrades, patching, hardware support, security and system access.
- Ideally 5+ years experience in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environment (Life Sciences, Pharma, Medical Devices)
- C# coding and SQL knowledge required.
- Previous Software Validation experience is advantageous.
- Experience with POMSnet or other MES systems is advantageous.
Candidates must have a minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or IT related disciplines. Experience in Manufacturing, Quality or Engineering within the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry is also required.
The role is based in Witney, Oxfordshire and is a fully onsite role and therefore you must live within a reasonable commute of the site and be available to be onsite daily.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions.
You will work in a stable industry with real long term development and advancement prospects and you will have the opportunity to build tailored software solutions for some of the biggest organisations in the world.
SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 20 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now