Manufacturing Engineer – Galway
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Onsite Role
- Permanent or Contractor opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity to join Irelands premier Industrial Automation System Integrator and Manufacturing Services provider and work with one of our key clients, a world leading Medical Devices provider.
This role will focus on using your technical skills to meet business and project goals and ensuring the manufacturing environment operates in an efficient manner. You will also work to ensure technical team members are performing to the best of their ability and have the right support and environment to
- Providing technical leadership on product and process issues.
- Troubleshoot new automation equipment & processes, working closely with external vendors and cross site functional team.
- Provide technical expertise on a variety of automation systems such as PLC systems, machine vision, robotics and control systems
- Use technical skills to innovate, design and develop equipment, processes, procedures, tooling etc. for automation projects.
- Participation in phase review processes
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, which complies with GMP
- Level 8 Degree essential in an engineering discipline
- A minimum of 2 years line support engineering experience in an automated manufacturing environment or another similar type of experience in the manufacturing sector
- Strong technical competency and a passion for engineering
Desirable: These skills are not essential but candidates with 1 or more of these will be prioritised
- GMP experience in Medical Devices or another regulated sector such as Pharma or Biotech
- Vision systems development or experience of working with vision systems
- Motion control systems experience
- Web application development skills
- Software change management experience
- Basic understanding of machine I/O
- VB .NET, C# experience (at least 1 of these)
- SQL Server script authoring using TSQL programming/Database Design
Candidates must have a relevant science or engineering tertiary qualification with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in medical devices or a similar GMP regulated environment is preferred but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have excellent collaboration and communication skills, with a demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes and related process equipment. In addition to this, strong attention to detail and an excellent understanding of validation concepts and documentation is required. Ability to travel if needed is required.
The candidate should be based within a reasonable commute of the site location as the role will be fully onsite and is not offered on a remote basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation and benefits package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 20 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now