Automation Engineer – Waterford
- Automation Engineer
- Onsite role
- Permanent or Contract Opportunity
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems. He/she will be part of an automation team responsible for day-to-day support of a wide variety of systems. They will also be responsible for implementing and contributing to the reliability, maintenance and performance improvement of the automation infrastructure across manufacturing and utilities, working closely with engineering and operation functions to maximise site performance.
- Responsible for implementation of site obsolescence strategy ensuring consistent standards in hardware and software are applied, and obsolescence risks are mitigated.
- Drive continuous improvement plans to ensure site remains current in automation and digital technologies to leverage business benefit and avoid significant obsolescence.
- Support problem solving and investigation activities for all automation issues.
- Develop and optimize the operation, maintenance and continuity procedures for automation systems.
- Provide automation support to Capital projects / Equipment engineering in terms of control systems and ensuring all equipment being purchased contains systems that support the overall automation strategy for the site.
- Responsible for maintaining cyber security and data integrity of all Automation systems.
- Provide technical expertise during regulatory audits.
- Ensure that GMP, Quality and EHS processes are adhered to in all aspects of the role.
- Co-ordination / Support for roll out and education on Automation systems across the site.
- Co-ordinate Business Partnering meetings with key stakeholders – IT, Engineering, Operations to allow forum for issues/concerns to be raised and resolved and keep key areas up to speed on current and future work/projects.
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with our Quality Management System requirements
- Proven capability of working with PLC/SCADA systems
- 5 years + experience in implementation, managing and improvement of control and automation systems.
- Working Knowledge of industrial networking
- Experience of working in an FMCH and GMP compliant environment
- Ability to work in a team, interact with other cross functions and deliver under pressure in a timeline.
- Change Control Processes
- 21 CFR Part 11/ Annex 11
- Cyber Security
- Industrial Automation Networks
Candidates must have a B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with emphasis in electrical, electronic, mechanical or automation discipline, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and strong problem skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 20 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now