Automation Engineer – Limerick
- Automation Engineer
- Onsite role – must be based commutable distance from Limerick or willing to relocate as remote work is not an option
- Permanent or Contract
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems. He/she will also be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance. He/she will be required to work closely with Vendors and OEM’s to deliver the optimum solution for the client. The candidate must possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant manner.
- The candidate must have strong experience with Rockwell/Allen Bradley automation systems
- Strong overall PLC experience at all stages of the automation process is essential
- Proven knowledge and experience with one or more of the following will be an advantage: SCADA, Control Systems, Vision Systems
- Experience with FT View SE, SB is required
- Some experience with Data Historian systems is advantageous
- Some experience with Asset Centre would also be required
- GMP environment is a must and only candidates with this experience can and will be considered
Candidates must have a B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with emphasis in software development, electrical, electronic or automation discipline, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and strong problem skills.
As the role is designated as fully onsite you should be living within a reasonable commute of the Limerick area or willing and able to relocate before your start date.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 20 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply For This Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.Apply Now