As a Systems Engineer in this project-based role, your role will focus on working with Electrical and P&ID drawings, fault finding and the management of various equipment processes.
You will be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance.
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all of the different automation systems (distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, SCADA systems)
- Operate according to SOP’s developed for site engineering and maintenance.
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Generate documentation and SOP’s associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
- Work with and understand Electrical and P&ID Drawings.
- Fault finding and issue resolution.
- Domain integration.
- Implementation of code changes under change control.
Requirements and Competencies
You should possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant manner.
- Proven experience in Siemens PLC logic and programming is essential
Experience in PLC logic and programming with one or more of the following PLC’s would also be considered:
- Allen Bradley (Logix 5000)
- GE Fanuc
HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of at least one of the following software packages is essential:
- Wonderware InTouch
- RS View
- GE Cimplicity
- An understanding of Electrical & P&ID Drawings is essential
- Fault finding and issue resolution experience
- Domain integration experience (communicating issues with other departments – BTS)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of projects.
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
Why Choose This Role & SL Controls
- An excellent salary and benefits package including pension and health cover and other benefits such as:
- Educational assistance
- Income protection scheme
- Wellness and health initiatives
- The opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field
- A supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness
- The opportunity to work with and help develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions
- A collaborative and open culture where you are valued and have the opportunity to contribute to company initiatives and growth
About SL Controls
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets. Over the past 16 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Dublin and Florida. We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.