Systech Serialisation Engineer
In this role you will manage packaging and serialisation related engineering responsibilities both locally and globally with responsibility for the Implementation of track and trace barcode projects for the serialisation provider. You will be charged with both commissioning and testing activities of serialization solution to include Start Up, FAT and SAT.
- Implementation of track and trace barcode projects for the serialisation provider
- Physical and logical network connection configuration setup
- PLC Input and Output communication tags setup and testing using OPC server
- Vision inspection station camera setup and testing
- Creating and testing font libraries and vision inspection tool training
- Using vision software tools to verify quality of print
- Commissioning and testing of serialization solution at Start Up, FAT and SAT levels
- Supporting the customer with IQ, OQ and PQ and Validation protocol
- Communicating issues to the customer and serialization provider technical support
- Updating configuration, design, specification and validation documentation
- Worked at various Pharmaceutical customer sites and OEM sites across Europes
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Strong packaging experience is essential
- Systech/Serialisation experience is a must
- Managing multiple vendors to complete FAT / SAT/ Installation and Commissioning
- Knowledge of Automated equipment pricing models
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and equipment
- In-depth knowledge of quality improvement practices and techniques
- Ability to plan for and coordinate a wide variety of resources to meet production quality and quantity metrics
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively lead, manage, train, coach and motivate a diverse group of employees to achieve high production levels within tight time deadlines and in a highly dynamic manufacturing environment
- Excellent negotiation, problem resolution and project management skills
- Ability to plan strategically for the coordinated delivery of a variety of materials
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related technical discipline and a minimum of 5 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Engineering coursework and practical experience in the following areas: machine design, mechanical and electrical design, engineering economics, engineering statistics, DOE, and project management.
- Strong communication, organisational and teamwork skills.
Why Choose This Role & SL Controls
- An excellent compensation package which rewards high performers
- The opportunity to work clients who are global leaders in their field
- A supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness
- The opportunity to work with, help develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions
- A collaborative and open culture where you are valued and can contribute to company initiatives and growth
About SL Controls
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets. Over the past 18 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA. We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.