Software System Designer
Full Time Role
As a Software System Designer the expectation will be to analyze how well software, hardware and the wider IT system fit the business needs of SL Controls clients. You will be involved in the full project life cycle from requirements gathering, implementation and qualification.
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- examining current systems
- liaising with the clients on requirements gathering
- research and review of new Industry 4.0 technologies
- producing specifications for new or modified systems
- implementation and programming of the required systems in collaboration with the SL Controls project group
- development, commissioning and support of automation, control systems and custom developed software programs
- Responsibility of mentorship and management of technical resources
You will have an elevated position of authority as business system analyst and will be required to give direction, inspiration, mentorship, and technical knowledge to fellow technical resources.
You will be required to self-manage agreed project goals and interact with the customer to achieve these goals, you must be at a sufficient level of expertise to take front line interactions with the customer for assigned project work and possess the ability to report to management on progress and any roadblocks that present themselves over the course of your duties.
In addition to the role summary there is a requirement to show capability in the below responsibilities:
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to customers and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues.
- Operate according to SOP’s developed by customers as and when they arise. · Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Generate documentation and/or SOP’s associated with each of the Automation systems and projects as required.
- Support operations with technical queries.
- Performs employee’s performance management reviews · Motivates & coaches’ team to enhance performance.
- Produce training material and conduct training courses on these topics to fellow and more junior engineers.
- Report to Project Manager on status of allocated tasks, project progress and realistic completion dates.
- Capitalize or bring to the attention of management any opportunities which become apparent during the course of your duties which could provide revenue to SL Controls.
Requirements and Competencies
Demonstrated proven experience in one of the following PLC logic programming languages, with one or more of the following PLC’s:
- Allen Bradley
Demonstrated proven experience in one of the following Higher-Level Languages, with one or more of the following:
Demonstrated proven experience in one Scada and one Database technology, not limited to the following examples:
- Wonderware Suite
- Factory Talk Suite
- OSI PI
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
Why Choose This Role & SL Controls
- An excellent compensation package which rewards high performers
- The opportunity to work clients who are global leaders in their field
- A supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness
- The opportunity to work with, help develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions
- A collaborative and open culture where you are valued and can contribute to company initiatives and growth
About SL Controls
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 18 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.