Software Engineer (Galway)
- Your role will involve inclusion in the software projects division of SL Controls who are responsible for the design, programming, simulation, validation, testing & commissioning of complex automation software solutions.
- Projects involve wide ranging technologies, the skills for which will be obtained while in employment in SL Controls.
- Your role will involve the development, commissioning and support of software systems.
- You should have the ability to report to management on progress and any road blocks that present themselves over the course of your duties.
- Experience with at least one of the following higher level languages C#, VB.Net, ASP.NET, Labview, C/C++, Python. C# would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with database setup and administration on a platform such as SQL, MySQL, Oracle.
- Experience in working in a software development team and proven track record in this area.
- Proven ability to use own initiative to overcome problems.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Knowledge of network services that include LAN, WAN, WLAN, MPLS, SSL, VPN, remote access services and network monitoring services.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of projects.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Knowledge of a PLC programming language desirable.
- Knowledge of machine learning desirable.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proven track record of excellent time keeping & attendance is essential.
- Are you looking for career development?
- Do you enjoy working in a team and problem solving?
- Is learning new programming methodologies of interest to you?
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with emphasis in software, electronic and/or automation discipline.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.