Senior Systems Engineer
As a Senior Systems Engineer, your role will be in the areas of Deep Learning applied to vision inspections, Machine Learning applied to data analytics and Historian architecture design.
The various roles and opportunities will have a particular focus on:
- Deep Learning applied to vision – experience required in Machine Vision for Automated inspections.
- Machine Learning applied to data analytics – experience required in software development with .NET and SQL.
- Historian Architecture design – experience required in Controls and HMI/SCADA design.
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all the different automation systems (distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, SCADA systems).
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues.
- Operate according to SOP’s developed for site engineering and maintenance.
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Generate documentation and SOP’s associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
- Implementation of code changes under change control.
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation projects within budget and corporate guidelines.
- Support operations with technical queries.
Requirements and Competencies
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders on technical requirements.
- Designing and delivering robust technical solutions.
- Reviewing and assessing existing technologies and processes.
Demonstrated proven experience in one of the following Vision programming languages, with one or more of the following PLC’s:
Demonstrated proven experience in two of the following Higher-Level Languages, with one or more of the following:
- VB 6
Demonstrated proven experience in one of the following Web development/database technologies, with two or more of the following:
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of projects.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
Why Choose This Role & SL Controls
- An excellent compensation package which rewards high performers
- The opportunity to work clients who are global leaders in their field
- A supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness
- The opportunity to work with, help develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions
- A collaborative and open culture where you are valued and can contribute to company initiatives and growth
About SL Controls
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 18 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA. We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.