Senior Controls Engineer Galway
- As a Senior Engineer you will operate inside the SL Controls Region Group and will have a responsibility to mentor more junior resources in the group based on your years of experience.
- You will have an elevated position of authority as a Senior Engineer and will be required to give direction, inspiration and technical knowledge to fellow and junior resources.
- Your role will involve the development, commissioning and support of automation, control systems and custom developed software programs.
- You will be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance.
- You must possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant and competent manner.
- Projects involve wide ranging technologies, the skills for which will be obtained while in employment in SL Controls.
- You should be at a sufficient level of expertise to take front line interactions with the customer for assigned project work and possess the ability to report to management on progress and any road blocks that present themselves over the course of your duties.
- Experience with at least Knowledge of PLC logic & programming with ideally one (or more) of: Allen Bradley, Siemens, ELAU, Omron, Modicon, B&R and Mitsubishi.
- Experience with programming SCADA systems FactoryTalk, Wonderware or equivalent.
- Experience in working in a software development team and proven track record in this area.
- Experience of management and mentoring of junior resources.
- Proven ability to use own initiative to overcome problems.
- Ability to run large scale projects from concept to delivery, managing customers’ requirements.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of networks with any of the following electronic instruments and drive networks: Modbus, ProfiBus, DeviceNET, Ethernet/IP, ModbusTCP.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and infrastructure.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Knowledge of a PLC programming language such as Allen Bradley, Siemens, ELAU or equivalent.
- Knowledge of machine learning desirable.
- Experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industries is desirable.
- Demonstrate a keen interest working with multiple automation/IT systems.
- Strong interest in automation engineering.
- Are you looking for career development?
- Do you enjoy working in a team and problem solving?
- Is learning new programming methodologies of interest to you?
Educational / Experience Requirements
- Level 8 Degree qualification (Science, Engineering, Technical).
- Very Strong Collaboration and Communication Skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a medical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or manufacturing environment.