Senior Control Systems Engineer
Role Description and responsibilities:
- As a Senior Engineer you will operate inside the SL Controls Connacht Region Group and will have a responsibility to mentor more junior resources in the group based on your years of experience.
- You will have an elevated positon of authority as a Senior Engineer and will be required to give direction, inspiration and technical knowledge to fellow and junior resources.
- Your role will involve the development, commissioning and support of automation, control systems and custom developed software programs.
- You will be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance.
- You must possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant and competent manner.
- You will be required to self-manage agreed project goals and interact with the customer to achieve these goals.
- You should be at a sufficient level of expertise to take front line interactions with the customer for assigned project work and possess the ability to report to management on progress and any road blocks that present themselves over the course of your duties.
- You will also be required to manage the delivery of project development work and goals assigned to junior and fellow engineers if requested.
- You will require strong software development skills across multiple platforms to accommodate the vendor neutrality that currently exists in SL Controls. Over the course of the role you will be expected to specialise in a core group of platforms to be agreed with management and to become a system expert in those platforms for the overall group.
- You will be responsible for always representing the company in a positive light with potential and current customers and where possible interacting with the customer and management to potentially acquire and procure new work and new opportunities.
- You will interact with Project Group management on any potentially identified new opportunities.
- You will have demonstrated the ability to become a code designer in at least one software platform, i.e. Allen Bradley PLC, SQL.
- You will have a flexible attitude to learning new technologies and software platforms as relevant projects arise.
- You will identify and highlight any personal technology gaps over the course of project work that require external assistance such as formal training.
- You will be required to mentor less experienced staff over the course of their duties but only in areas where you feel you can contribute.
- You will interact with and report to Project Group management on any potentially identified new opportunities.
- You will self-manage to achieve set project milestones.
- You must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with one or more of the following PLC’s, programming languages or SCADA systems:
Allen Bradley (Logix 5000)
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all of the different automation systems (distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, SCADA systems)
- Ability to interact with the customers on technical requirements.
- Ability to deliver technical solutions.
- Ability to assess existing technologies and process.
- Ability to design robust solutions.
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues.
- Operate according to SOP’s developed for site engineering and maintenance.
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Generate documentation and SOP’s associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
- Implementation of code changes under change control.
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation projects within budget and corporate guidelines.
- Support operations with technical queries.
- Provide Mentorship to fellow and junior resources.
- Provide self-management ability to deliver allocated project work.
- Report to Management on status of allocated tasks.
Experience / Background
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
- Experienced with Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Vision Systems in the manufacturing environment.
Apply for this position
Please email your C.V, Cover letter & the role you are applying for to email@example.com