Control Systems Engineer
Role Description and responsibilities:
As a Control Systems Engineer, your role will be the development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems.
The candidate will be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance.
The candidate must possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant manner.
The candidate must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with one or more of the following PLC’s:
- Allen Bradley (Logix 5000)
- Siemens (Step7)
- GE Fanuc
HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of the following software packages:
- Wonderware InTouch
- RS View
- GE Cimplicity
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of C/C++/C#, VB, SQL, Java.
- Knowledge of network services that include LAN, WAN, WLAN, MPLS, SSL, VPN, remote access services and network monitoring services.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of projects.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all of the different automation systems (distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, SCADA systems)
- Ability to interact with the customers on technical requirements.
- Ability to deliver technical solutions.
- Ability to assess existing technologies and process.
- Ability to design robust solutions.
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues.
- Operate according to SOP’s developed for site engineering and maintenance.
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Generate documentation and SOP’s associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
- Implementation of code changes under change control.
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation projects within budget and corporate guidelines.
- Support operations with technical queries.
- Experienced with Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Vision Systems in the manufacturing environment
Experience / Background
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
Apply for this position
Please email your C.V, Cover letter & the role you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org