Control Systems Designer
- Control Systems Designer
- Sligo (predominantly) / Remote (occasionally)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical, operational & management issues with the SL Controls projects group. The role will involve the development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing, and start-up assistance. He/she must possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot, and validate these systems in a compliant and competent manner.
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all components within the Rockwell software stack with particular emphasis on: RS Logic 5000/Studio 5000, Devicewise, Factory Talk Components, S88, Pack ML
- Ability to interact with customers on technical requirements & provide notification on assigned project status
- Demonstrated proven experience in Allen Bradley PLC logic and programming with one or more additional programming languages or SCADA systems: Rockwell Programming suite for PLC and HMI development – Requirement
- One or more optional from the following: Siemens (Step7), Elau, Bosch, Omron, B&R, VB/C#, Databases, Wonderware InTouch, Labview
Candidates must have a B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will give direction, inspiration, mentorship & technical knowledge to fellow technical resources.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with clients who are global leaders in their field, helping to develop and improve upon industry leading technology solutions. SL Controls offers a supportive environment committed to employee development and wellness, along with a competitive and rounded compensation and benefits package, which rewards high performers.
SL Controls are experts in the area of Equipment System Integration and System Support. We specialise in assisting our customers, including many of the world’s top multinational companies in the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors, achieve their Six Sigma and OEE targets.
Over the past 19 years we have grown our business from a Sligo based enterprise into an international business with additional offices in Galway, Limerick, Leinster and Florida USA.
We pride ourselves on our expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance in support of global end users, OEM’s and Technology providers.
Apply for this Role
Please click on the link below to submit an application for this role.