Candidate Privacy Notice
How we Collect your Personal Data
You should, where possible, apply online via our website. When you apply via the online application form on our website you are consenting to our use of your personal information as outlined in this Notice by ticking the box confirming you have read this Notice. There are also occasions where we may collect your data from third parties, such as recruitment agencies, and in these cases, we will ask you to read and consent to this Notice.
Personal Data we Collect and Process
In general, to apply to SL Controls you will need to complete an online application form on our website and submit documents such as your CV and a cover letter. We may also request that you complete an online aptitude test as part of the recruitment process.
In our application forms, we may request the following:
- Personal details i.e. your name and contact information
- Details of your education, skills, certifications/qualifications, professional memberships, achievements, employment history and interests
- Information regarding your eligibility to work in Ireland, earliest availability, and reasons why you believe you would be a suitable candidate
- Details of any special assistance/support you would require if invited to interview (any information you provide in this respect will not be used for any other purpose)
- Feedback from you regarding whether you have been referred by a current SL Controls employee
While you may send us additional information to support your application, please do not include sensitive personal information. SL Controls is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of gender, family or marital/civil status, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, race or membership of the travelling community. You should therefore not send us any such information other than, as outlined above, details of any assistance/support you would require if called for interview.
References/details are not requested by us at application stage but you may provide them if you wish. Where relevant, please ensure that you have first obtained consent from your referees.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us is true and complete; any omissions or false information may result in the withdrawal of any job offer made to you or, if you have been hired, disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
How we Use your Personal Data
The personal data you provide will be used for the purpose of considering you for employment with SL Controls and during that process your details will be available to the SL Controls HR Department and those hiring in SL Controls, typically Managers and Team Leads, in order to consider your application and communicate with you. If you are hired your information will be transferred onto the SL Controls HR system.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
SL Controls may need to share your information with external third parties including for example, companies who provide assessment services such as aptitude tests, teleconferencing services and medical professionals; these third parties are bound by confidentiality requirements.
Your information may be stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By submitting your information to us, you consent to this storage.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Notice. However, no method of transmitting or storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure so we would ask you to exercise care as regards the kind of information you send to us and, as noted above, you should not send us sensitive personal information. In addition, we limit access to internal systems that hold your data to individuals who need access for a legitimate business purpose.
If you are not hired then your information will initially be retained on our recruitment database for the purpose of considering whether your skills and experience are suitable for other job opportunities which arise with us and to ensure that we comply with legal requirements.
If there is no activity in relation to your personal details/applications for a period of 18 months then all your information will be automatically deleted and we will no longer be able to see any of your information. If you want to apply to us again after that time you will need to re-apply.
By ‘activity’ we mean the most recent of the following events:
- submission of an application to us
- correspondence from us advising that you have been unsuccessful
- you declining a job offer made by us
If we wish to retain your data for a longer period than 18 months, we will obtain your explicit consent to do so.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your Human Resources file (electronic and paper based) and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
Under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and General Data Protection Regulation you have certain rights in relation to your personal data, namely:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time if and to the extent we are relying on consent as the legal basis to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
In order to exercise one or more of your rights in respect of your personal data, you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable, but in any case, within the legally required period of time.
We do not make recruiting decisions based solely on automated decision-making within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation.
This Notice may be amended from time to time and the Careers section of the SL Controls website will always display the current Notice.
If you have any queries in relation to this Notice please contact us at email@example.com.