Automation Systems Engineer
We are currently seeking an Automation Systems Engineer to join our growing team based in Leinster. The Automation Engineer will provide Automation and IT support and expertise to assist the manufacture quality pharmaceutical products. Working out of the Leinster project office supporting client’s automation manufacturing project, you will be responsible for:
- Assist customers in the resolution of automation application problems, Where necessary initiate and coordinate support from vendor support.
- Act as commissioning engineer or lead to carry our installation/commissioning, fault analysis and repairs on automation systems, including investigation of persistent or not easily resolvable problems being experienced at customer sites.
- Proactively identify project opportunities and assist the pursuit.
- Other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities, whenever reasonably instructed. The business reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments in line with business requirements.
- To work in a culture of efficiency, helpfulness, innovation, continuous improvement, enthusiasm, reliable & consistent delivery, integrity, partnership and collaboration, locally and globally.
- To Co-ordinate and manage control system projects if required. Ensures that agreed control systems standards and guidelines for new equipment introduction are adhered to. Works with vendors, Engineering project managers and business users to implement systems to the required standards.
- Ensure all work carried out and systems installed are safe, effective and in compliance with regulatory requirements by thorough commissioning.
- Experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industries is desirable
- Good documentation practices as per GAMP 5 and GEP / GxP
- Excellent control systems knowledge
- Demonstrate a keen interest working with multiple automation/IT systems
- Must have excellent knowledge of Rockwell suite of applications (Allen Bradley PLC, FTView, FTBatch, VantagePoint)
- Experience of or exposure to SCADA, (ifix, Wonderware) Siemens PLCs, DeltaV an advantage
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written word)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a role that meets the above requirements
- Strong interest in automation engineering
- Initiative and ability to complete out on assigned tasks
- Distinct Advantage
- Instrumentation & Measurement experience
- Experience of working with electrical equipment
- Strong problem solving skills knowledge of object orientated programming
- Proficient communicating and collaborating at a variety of levels, coupled with excellent organization and planning skills
- In addition to problem solving, project management ability is essential
- Strong Customer relationship management skills
Education / Experience / Skills
- Level 8 Degree qualification (Science, Engineering, Technical)
- Very Strong Collaboration and Communication Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology manufacturing environment
Apply for this position
Please email your C.V, Cover letter & the role you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org